2. What is HybridAuth?
The main goal of HybridAuth library is to act as an abstract api between your application and various social apis and identities providers such as Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, Google and Yahoo.
HybridAuth enable developers to easily build social applications to engage websites vistors and customers on a social level by implementing social signin, social sharing, users profiles, friends list, activities stream, status updates and more.
Basicly, HybridAuth main tasks are to performs two types of actions:
i) user Authentication step, the user is redirected to his identity provider authentification page to enter their login and password and be asked for approval. When the user is returned back to your web site, the identity provider sends an encrypted token that indicates a successful Authentication.
ii) access Autorisation, Once a user has authenticated, HybridAuth move to the next step and requires that the identity provider give your web site a temporary Autorisation to read the user account information (profile, contacts list, etc.).
- HybridAuth makes it easy to authenticate users with a wide variety of well known social networks,
- HybridAuth provide the connected user profile's in a rich, simple and standardized structure across all the social apis,
- And, besides authentication, the library enables you to interact with the social api that the users are connected to. Eg. we can grab their freinds list, update or get their status, grab their photos albums, events list, etcetera.
- The complexity of implementing identity providers authentication and authorization protocols are simplified for the developers,
- All transactions are completely transparent to the end user,
Over all, HybridAuth can be used for many purposes, such as:
- enable users to sign-in/sign-up using popular social service accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Google and others,
- allow users to share their comments, reviews and other activities from your site to their friends via social networks,
- build social applications which can be integrated on your blog, web site, web application, ERP or CRM,